Alpha Chi Omega History
Alpha Chi Omega was founded on October 15, 1885 at DePauw University located in Greencastle, Indiana. At a time when women were just beginning to occupy seats in college classrooms, seven female students were encouraged to form a women’s society within the school.
Dedicated to advancing “the intellectual, social and moral culture” of its members, our Founders’ vision has grown to include our women’s Fraternity, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation, the National Housing Corporation and Pearl Stone Partners. Together, they serve more than 230,000 members in more than 140 collegiate chapters and nearly 200 alumnae chapters nationwide.
About the Epsilon Eta Chapter
The Epsilon Eta chapter of Alpha Chi Omega at Stephen F. Austin State University was founded on May 6, 1967. Now, more than 50 years later, our chapter continues to serve as real, strong women for both our national organization as well as in our local community.
We pride ourselves in holding the standards for our sisters high and for continuing to seek the heights in all that we do.
- Colors – Scarlet and Olive
- Open Motto – “Together Let Us Seek The Heights”
- Tagline – Real. Strong. Women.
- Flower – Red Carnation
- Philanthropy – Domestic Violence Awareness
- Badge – Lyre to represent our musical heritage and foundation